1st July 2020, 16-18.15 CEST:
Online-Workshop Part 2:
Silicon Savannah – Why real needs make up a different digital transformation
The mobile revolution in the 2000s showed the Western world something previously unknown: communication is a basic human need and enabling it can trigger a surge in economic development. Today we see in the Silicon Savannah hotspot new digital innovations that are not blocked by old technologies or oversized vested interests. In fact, we see a digital transformation closer to human needs.
Why this Online-Workshop?
To get quick and profound insights into Kenya’s business opportunities through direct interaction with local players.
During this master class we
- put in context the ecosystem Silicon Savannah in Kenya
- explain and describe several successful business cases in detail
- learn why “African” digital innovations develop closer to human needs
- and discover that African-European collaborations are not yet exploiting data-driven approaches.
This 2-hour master class is moderated by Maryanne Akoth and Hans Stoisser, both co-founders of NextAfrica. We will directly broadcast from Vienna and Nairobi.
Who is attending?
- Entrepreneurs who are interested in African markets
- Entrepreneurs who are already active on the continent but are still looking for new business models and opportunities
- People who are interested and wonder what a future-oriented African-European collaboration could look like.
1st July 2020, 16-18.15 CEST
After registration you will get the link to access the online event.
|Welcome and introduction||Maryanne Akoth and Hans Stoisser, Co-Founders NextAfrica|
|The ecosystem of Silicon Savannah: An entrepreneur’s insight||tbc|
|The ‘data’ question and Kenyan SME’s||Mercy Njue, Co-Founder ‘BotLab’|
|The ‘old’ with the ‘new’ – Basic technology driving a modern Africa||tbc|
|The Kenyan Ecosystem – What tech innovation is really happening?||Jimmy Mwang’ondi, Group Head, CSquared|
|Conclusions, call-to-action, next steps|
With these events, we want to bring together purpose-driven organizations from Europe and Africa to collaborate and co-create.
The price for one part of this Online-Workshop series is EUR 120,– plus 20% VAT.
The price for all three parts of this Online-Workshop series is EUR 200,– plus 20% VAT.